This (N)ice cream/ healthy frozen yogurt is one of my all-time favorite recipes to make!
Some of you may have seen me make it last week on my Instagram story for my toddler, Leila.
The amazing resemblance to classic vanilla bean ice cream actually comes from a WHOLE food aka the main ingredient aka RIPE BANANAS…with just 1-2 extra healthy ingredients to make it perfection. No added sweeteners needed.
Please note: Your (n)ice cream won’t taste like banana
Chop up 2-4 ripe (spots, very yellow and sweet) bananas and freeze overnight. I like to keep a big bag of frozen bananas in the freezer so I don’t have to worry about prepping.
Place desired amount of bananas in food processor and blend- adding either water or unsweetened almond/other nut milk throughout since the bananas usually need a little loosening up to blend.
You may have to stop and push the banana down around the edges a few times.
Flavor/topping suggestions (although the options are UNLIMITED!):
- really basic: natural vanilla extract
- basic: natural vanilla extract + cinnamon (as seen in pics)
- medjool dates with pits removed blended in roughly for a cookie dough bites effect
- cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla
- nutmeg and all natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. all natural peanut butter and 1 Tbsp. raw cashew butter.
- raw cacao powder for a chocolate version.
- fresh mint leaves and cacao for chocolate mint version (with cacao nibs for chocolate chips)
- healthy topping ideas can be: nuts, fruit, goji berries, cacao nibs, unsweetened desiccated coconut, etc.