You guys, this is a freaking fabulous recipe and cookie option for you, your girlfriends, the hubs or your little ones! Honestly- Healthy 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Cookies (with dark chocolate chips) what more could you ask for?!
Beyond easy to make- all healthy, nourishing ingredients and taste so delish!
Note; I will never tell you how many calories something has because I swear to you it doesnt matter (more on this in the private Facebook group; The Anti Diet Revolution). What I can promise- is that every recipe I post will be ideal for your healthy lifestyle goals.
P.S. Getting a baking helper is highly recommended for further enjoyment 😉
- 2 large ripe (with spots) bananas, mashed
- 2 cups gluten free oats (option to blend these up or not; in the photo above I left them as is which makes them more crunchy/chewy which is how I happen to like them. If you want them blended just blitz in your blender or food processor)
- Other ingredients are optional- examples: natural vanilla extract, enjoy life dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, walnuts, silvered almonds, pecans, coconut flakes, goji berries, desiccated coconut- get creative!
–>IN THIS BATCH- I just have 1 tsp. natural vanilla extract and 1/3 cup dark chocolate chippies added in (my fave)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 C
- (if blending) oats as described above- place oats in your blender or food processor, blend until oats become the consistency of flour; it’s okay if it’s not perfectly ground
- In a large mixing bowl combine mashed banana (mash with a fork) with oats until forms batter-like consistnecy
- Add in desired “toppings” (remember I used 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp natural vanilla extract)
- Gather the “dough” in large Tbsps onto baking sheet and flatten them a bit with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until cookies are golden on top.
- Remove from oven and cool (cookies will keep in a covered container for a few days, or they can be frozen and reheated)
- Eat and enjoy every bite!
…The cutest pit-stop later that day to take in some New Zealand nature and get some sun on our faces!